Monday, June 2, 2008

OCWEN / OCWEN LOAN SERVICING DECEPTIVE PRACTICE, BOGUS FEES, UNAUTHORIZED LOAN MODIFICATIONS, RIP OFF SENIOR CITIZENS ORLANDO AND WEST PALM BEACH

This company contacted me about 'lowering the interest rate on my elderly mother's loan'. When I received the paperwork it was for a 'loan modification that put the loan in a forebearance status'. My attorney advised against that and I responded in writing that we did not agree with or accept the 'modification documents'. I have made 17 phone calls and spoke with people who give false names in every department. They have charged fees and still show that the loan is in a forebearance modification when it IS NOT and the payments have all been up to date.
In addition, I get phone calls on my cell phone still asking for me to return paperwork from January for a modification that the 'modification department' says is not approved because the lender WILL NOT ALLOW a modification. Go figure. I have all these phone calls documented with dates and names. I have spoke with the Florida Department of Consumer Affairs and was told that they have numerous complaints against Ocwen.
The only way to keep the loan out of their default status is to pay the fees they attach. They will not give me the contact name of the bank that underwrites the loan, I get transfered, put on hold, transfered, put on hold, only to speak with more people who I can't understand. The only success I had was to get one lat fee adjusted after threatening to contact the media.
This loan was originally with Country Wide and was sold to Ocwen, and then sold again. My father passed away last year and I am trying to help my 85 year old mother NOT LOOSE her home.
Todate, after hours of phone calls and thousands of dollars, I still don't have proper information and can't get Ocwen to help.
In addition, in May of 2007 when my father was ill and passed away, they sent a 'forebearance notice' to their home - instead of the proper mailing address which was on file. They tacked on thousands of dollars of fees and attorney fees, would not work with my attorney, and then when we paid 11,000.00 to bring it up to date, they told us we would have to pay another $3,000.00 in fees. We paid $13,000.00 to keep the house out of foreclosure when it was 3 months behind, because they would not work with my elderly mother but demanded money.
SOMEONE WITH POWER TO HELP - LIKE NEWS WATCH 8 NEEDS TO INVESTIGATE THIS COMPANY. THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF COMPLAINTS ON THE INTERNET AGAINST THIS COMPANY.
RosaliepValrico, FloridaU.S.A.

No comments: