Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Ocwen Loan Servicing our # 1 priority, is lying to you, not helping you Orlando Florida

In 2004, I refinanced with Ocwen. At there request I got mortgage protection insurance, with Aig insurance. It went down hill from there. Fast forward to December of 2007. I had a back surgery & was out of work for 3 months. I am self-employed, & have BCBS. When I got home from hospital, I called Aig to file a claim for the mortgage payments, while I was out of work. They said it was a invalid claim & refused to make any payments, & that the only way they pay this type of claim was if I fell out of a mail truck, while plowing snow, in the desert. That's another report. Anyway back to Ocwen. I was coming up on 4 months behind on mortgage payments, & I called Ocwen, & told them I could make 3 payments in 2 days, which was $ 4800.00. They said that unless I paid all the late fees, penalties, which, totalled according to them, $6200.00, they couldn't accept any payments. I hired a loan modification company on May 18, 2008. As soon as Ocwen was contacted by the mod company, Ocwen started foreclosure proceedings, with a sale date of August 13, 2008. For some reason, after going thru 4-5 reps with the modification company, the files finally got sent on 6/17/08, to Ocwen. After 3 weeks (7/10/08) Ocwen needed updated financials, to see if I even Qualify, for a mod. 7/22/08 they said they could do it but needed more documents, the same ones that were already sent to them 2 times. They agreed to a special forebearance type II, which is supposed to be a 90 day payment break, while modification is prepared. my payments went from $ 1561.00, per month to $ 1751.00 per month, plus escrow which I never had before, so now my payment is over $ 1900.00. It still took another 3 weeks to get it finalized, on August 12,2008, 1 day before saleSo, a quick recap, used Ocwen recomended insurance, got shafted, tried to make arrangements with Ocwen, got no help, used 2 loan modification companies, didn't see much negotiations. After all was said & done my payments went up $ 389.00 per month & my principle went from $ 189,000.00 to $ 202,000.00. Apparently their first priority is not helping the homeowner, keep there home
Bob Apex, North CarolinaU.S.A.
From: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/408/RipOff0408847.htm

No comments: