Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ocwen And Loan Modifications - Nong Kumar Is A Real Gem! Ocwen and Nong Kumar feel that a 99.2% Debt-to-income ratio is acceptable. Orlando Florida

I have been trying to get a loan modification. I started this process in May and was informed that it would 'take a couple days' to process the modification. I gave Ocwen a couple weeks, did not hear anything and made a follow-up call. I was told that the loan mod department was very busy with all of the modification requests and was behind. I totally understood and gave them another week and called back. Same answer. This was the response I was getting every week until, yesterday, July 7, 2008. I finally made it through to the loan modification department and spoke with a man named Dave. I did not get his last name. He had indicated to me that per the financial information I had submitted, I did not qualify for a modification. I was stunned. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, so I asked that he go through every number with me. We went through all my expenses and my income and it had been concluded that since my husband and I bring home, $9440.43 and my total bills equal $9367.80, we made enough money to be able to handle the payment. My debt-to-income ratio is at 99.2% and it was determined that I make enough to not warrent a loan mod? I was an underwriter for 10-yrs and in all of my years, I have never heard of such a thing. Industry guidelines were anything over 50% on a full income doc deal was trouble and the borrower did not qualify.
I asked to speak to Dave's supervisor and he put on the phone a man by the name of Nong Kumar who claimed to be Dave's supervisor. After a very conflictual conversation with this man, he felt it necessary to make this statement, 'I didn't sign the loan docs, you did.' Excuse me? I told him that comment would get him some heat and explained to him that when I signed those loan documents, I was also making $92,000 a year in salary, which, by the way, is a lot less than the $57,200 I am now making. I lost my job in May of 2007. I was unemployed for five months and had to accept a much lower paying job in October of 2007. Also, during those months I was unemployed, not one late payment.
I will be contacting every single regulatory agency regarding this incident. There is no way Ocwen should be getting away with this. I am happy to see that this company has not changed it practices, even in this time of crisis for many homeowners.
SdsoftblEscondido, CaliforniaU.S.A.

from: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/348/RipOff0348588.htm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Send an e-mail to the following e-mail addresses at Ocwen and request a loan modification ASAP.

ombudsmanweb@ocwen.com
rapidresolution@ocwen.com
William.Erbey@ocwen.com (CEO)
David.Gunter@ocwen.com (CFO)
mzeidman@ocwen.com
Barry.Wish@ocwen.com
William.Shepro@ocwen.com (Senior VP)
Ronald.Faris@ocwen.com
Paul.Koches@ocwen.com (Senior VP)