Saturday, February 21, 2009

Ocwen Loan Servicing Sold house even after modification was approved

In October we worked with a 3rd party to help modify our loan. After hours of deliberation, Ocwens Mr. Marshall and us finally came up with an agreement. We were to pay our loan amount of $5387.00 in November (we did) and $4135.28 in December (we did) and then had to pay principal and interest of $3939.96 in January (we did).The modification was taking what we owed and moving it to the end of our loan $618,434.73, stuck 40Kplus to the end of our loan and lowered the interest rate. Exactly what we were requesting, payment was still a little high but managable. Make a long story short we received a letter on 2/18/09 from a paralegal stating that county records stated our house has been sold. Since it didn't have a name on it I thought it was junk mail but took the chance and called Ocwen anyways. Heard the message that 'Thank you for your payment rec'd in Jan as of May 2008 your balance is $0. Confused I pushed to talk to a representative.He stated yes our house has been sold, that the modification was approved but the forbearance wasn't so they accepted our money but never intended to keep their word.I asked to speak to someone else, he transferred me to REO left a message and of course no response as of yet. I went online to the Tax Accessor and ran our parcel number, our house was sold to HSBC for $355,000 and went 100% sole owner to HSBC, on 2/17/09.Another ironic thing is we had our house up for short sell and was given an offer of $419,000 and Ocwen declined it but yet they accepted the offer of $355,000.Then we rec'd a call 2/20/09 from a representative requesting cash for keys. Of course I said no chance, that something is wrong and they have done us wrong.She sent me to a Manager, again he was requesting the same thing keys for cash so I told him the story and said I even have all the documentation to prove it. He sounded a little shocked and said he would hand this over to someone to research it. As of right now we are in limbo, we retained a lawyer, not sure what good it will do. But we were tryig to do the right thing and it appears Ocwen had no intentions of honouring their word.Since the moment I knew we were in trouble I have been upfront with them and tried to work with them and never once did they until we paid a 3rd party to get involved. We feel we have been scammed and treated as less than. We will not let this defeat us but I guarantee you they will have a fight on their hands. I will go to the media, I intend on writing letters to congress and our legislature, not sure of what will get done, but I know someone somewhere will hear me.
PennyRancho Cucamonga, CaliforniaU.S.A.
from: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/426/RipOff0426940.htm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please tell me whats going on with your loan now, my mom is in the same boat as yourself.

Anonymous said...

FROM OCWEN VICTIM IN NY!!!

Don't believe anything OCWEN tells you at all. I was 15 days late back in May '09, called them to make the late payment AND the current months payment and they refused it. Said they would be modifying the loan, well that took 5 MONTHS in which they would not accept any payments, I sent documents 3 times, they lost them twice. Turns out they were tied to a few investment banks that took a dump in the financial meltdown, so OCWEN turned shark against it's customers (homeowners). They would not let us do a short sale because we had a second mortgage (and they "closed" the short sale dept for a few months???)... The "modification" was finally approved, IN MARCH '09 and they wanted several thousand dollars to boot!!! Now the new payment was $300 HIGHER that is was when they started this mess, I told them NO! So I gave them the house, changed my second mortgage to a personal loan and moved. OCWEN then sold the house TO THEMSELVES for $30,000less that what it was worth and nailed me with a judgment for the difference. You know though, it was like having a cancerous tumor removed....6 years with them shaved 20 years off our lives. We were at that house for over 20 years, raised our kids there, I miss it sometimes, but I feel releived to be out from under them, I don't know why they can be allowed to operate. They were also a servicer for the VA for a couple years and the VA fined them due to bad business practices, now Freddic Mac has hired them....they just let the "FOX INTO THE HENHOUSE"...and the homeowners are the meal....God Bless Everyone having trouble with OCWEN....