Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Ocwen Loan Servicing Moved my payment money to insurance and reported late pmt. wrongfully, because I had my own insurance Carol Stream Illinois

From: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/312/RipOff0312426.htm

last summer my credit was very important to me. now that ocwen ruined it i don't care as much any more. as with the others my mortgage was sold to ocwen. everything went fine until my homeowners insurance sent a warning that i need to pay or it will be cancelled in two weeks. i paid the ammount owed and thought my problems were over. wrong ocwen took my payments and bought 4x over priced insurance, and called stating i was late. I still wasn't over 30 days behind, so I informed them that I don't need insurance mine is payed up and to please refund my money. they agreed and 30 days later bad credit was reported. I checked my statement and they were still buying insurance with my pmt. money. I wrote a letter with my insurance name phone number and account number. I thought everything was fine again until another 30 days late reported. I had my insurance lady fax the information to ocwen and ocwen said 'Oh you have your own insurance' and credited my account only 70% the ammount they took and didn't repair my credit. I was so mad, and felt ripped off. My credit was ruined, so I decided not to pay until they corrected the problem. My house went into foreclosure, so I reluctantly paid all the fines and got it out of foreclosure. I knew I needed to pay the loan off completely, so I invested mega time and money into a real estate flip project. My house is now into forclosure again. My credit is shot. I did flip the investment house and now can pay off the loan which is 50% value of my house. They want to take it and pocket the equity. I now have the money to pay them, but they won't answer the phone concistantly. After a 1 hour hold time they finally answered, but won't give me a payoff ammount or where to wire the money. I think they are stalling to claim the house. I am scared to send it to them even if they would tell me where to send it. What if they just keep the money and not release the loan. Please help me safely pay them. I have 2 children a fiance in school and a baby on the way. I don't want to lose my house.
Michael louisville, KentuckyU.S.A.

No comments: