Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ocwen Loan Servicing 2 Forbearance plans and One Loan Modificattion no response Orlando Florida

From: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/302/RipOff0302525.htm

I have a loan with Ocwen and yes it's WHEN you can get throught to them after waiting on hold for 30 minutes then being disconnected... then calling back and being told different things, I had 2 failed Forbearance plans and after being told that they would not do a modification after a lot of persistance I finally got one. The first modification wanted over $7,000 PLUS the first months payment of $1,780, almost $10,000.. there was no way I could do this, so I called them back and got the most polite guy who answered our questions and was willing to take half the money $3,600 modify it at a 30 year fixed at 6%, sounds great right? Right, but the problem is my home is scheduled to be auctioned off in a week, and Ocwen still hasnt gotten back to me. When I called them they said someone entered the info wrong and I should get it in a week (1/23/08 will be a week) IF they send me the paperwork and I send them the money...my first payment is scheduled March 1st. The first guy who agreed to the modification was very arrogant and stated that they would barely break even if they foreclosed, so I felt a little relieved that they dont want to foreclose. After reading all these complaints is there anyone out there who actually went past or too the actual foreclosure date?? They told me that they would 'suspend' the foreclosure (it's in writing' But I dont know if I can trust them.. Maybe I dont have a choice because of how close I am, but If I dont hear from them tomorrow, I'm going to most likely have my ORIGINAL LOAN PAPERWORK reviewed for any and all mistakes in hopes of stalling....Chapter 13?? No, because my rate is outrageous and is scheduled to increase from 9.65% to god knows what. I'm a single dad with 2 girls and boy sure could use some advice.DerrickCOVINGTON, WashingtonU.S.A.

2 comments:

RA said...

Did you ever get this matter resolved with Ocwen? I have been offered a modification with the balance being reduced and at a lower int. rate but I'm wondering what the catch is. The modification is very vague and contradicts itself. I too am a single parent and need to decide whether I'm going to accept this modification by March 6th.

RA said...

Did Ocwen ever respond???

I have just been offered a loan modification but it's very vague. Want to know if anyone else has successfully modified thier loan with Ocwen without the horror stories.