Monday, December 10, 2007

OCWEN opinion - FINANCE-Mortgage

From: http://www.pissedconsumer.com/consumer-reviews/mortgage/ocwen-opinion-%11-finance%11mortgage-2007071078224.html

07-10-2007

We just bought our house in September and already I feel like I am in a nightmare. My mortgage was sold to Ocwen December of last year. I pre-paid the last month before it was sold because of tax reasons, so my first payment wasn't due until February 2006. I sent my payments out as usual and My 1st mortgage (which is with Chase) cashed thier check on the 11th of February. I waited couple of days and decided to call Ocwen to find out what the hold up was. Before I got that chance we recieved a welcome to the company call and was told that they saw the payment we had made and were processing the payment. So I waited another week. No payment posted to my account. Before I could call to find out we recieved another phone call from Ocwen. This time asking when were we going to make a payment. I asked them what abouth the payment you processed? They claimed there was no such payment. I then said well I would be more than happy to pay now but I would have to cancell the check I already sent to them via USPS. They then stated that they would charge me if they recieved the check and it had a stopped payment fee. So I said tht I would wait some more and see if it turned up. Needless to say I recieved another phone call on the 2nd of March saying that we were behind and that if we didn't make a payment that they would report us to the credit bureau. So I explained as I had before that I would have to stop payment on the check before I could agree to make a payment and that I would make both payments now if they agreed to not process the check. The person agreed and I made a payment the very same evening. The following morning I checked my accont and the check not only was cashed but cleared my acount! I called my bank and was told there was nothing they could do that the funds had to be returned by the merchant. So I the called Ocwen and told them I wanted my money back now. I don't know who can afford to make 3 mortgage payments but I wasn't it. The very next business day they credited the funds electronically back to my account. You would think everything would be fine, but nooooo....This was only the beginning. A week later, maybe less, I get another phone call telling me that we still owe them money. They claimed that our bank had stopped payment on the check and the double payment we made on speedpay was used to cover the payment we missed because of the stopped payment. And that they sent me the money back before the bank stopped payment.????????????????????????????????I had a cancelled check from their bank(thank somebody for online banking) and confirmation from my bank stating that there was no stopped check and this went on and on and on for weeks and weeks. I have spent several hours and spoken to several people who claim to help and don't. I have a whole file of names, dates, times, emails, confirmation numbers, phone records, letters. I am truley fed up so I googled Ocwen lawsuits and really got paranoid and asked if I could refinance before they decide to take my house too. So thats what I am doing. I am tired of dealing with them and frankly give up. The last statement I recieved said I was 2 months behind.Even though I speak to a person and they say I am all caught up. I can't trust that this is true because it is now June. They say they are doing something but I am afraid to loose my house, I mean I just got it. They are horible and I just want my life back!QuashinnaHopatcong, New JerseyU.S.A.

No comments: