Friday, December 7, 2007

Thanks to Ocwen American Dream becomes a Nightmare

I know same old story single Mom, struggling (not very well) to make ends meet. I know I got myself in this mess..HUD sold OCWEN my note, over 10 years I would scrape up, begg and borrowed the +$7,000 a pop (3 times) to keep a roof over my childs head when confronted with 'foreclosere in 30 days' When I got behind.When OCWEN advised me that the other 3 'forbearance' plans were not designed to catch me up, but this new one would, my payment went from 780 (already a burden) to over 1200/mo. I signed the forbearance plan to give me some time. I gave up trying to save my house I walked away.My balance was less than 60,000 w/over 5,000 in foreclosure fees tacked on. This $5,000 was for the most recent proceedings. They would never give me itemized list from previous 3 foreclosure threats. But I finally got a detail of the 'fees' on the latest fiasco. I requested copies of all the reports I was paying for eg 'title serach' 'appraisals' 'copies of filings' I never recieved a response.When I gave up the house (not my fight with OCWEN), I walked away, put the house on the market (they could have it or it would sell)and I did not make another payment, I used the house as a storage space. The Irony of it all. Not one foreclosure notice, not even a late notice, just a monthly statement.Heads Up. It took me a year to sell. I lost 3 buyers in 12 months because OCWEN's failure to respond to inquiries from my agent or the potential buyer's representative. We tried to do a short sell and OCWEN went up on original buyout quote. This part of the journey is over, I have taken a break since the house sold in September, but I am back it the fight.

No comments: