Sunday, December 9, 2007

Ocwen is The Worst

Of all the Mortgage Companies I have had in the last 15 years, this is definetely the worst. They cost me a very attractive and beneficial refinance with someone else, due to them not providing a payoff quickly and gettting it terribly wrong. I had to fight just to prove that my pre payment penalty was only a fraction than what they quoted me. You can't speak with the appropriate department and they care more about their processes than they do their customers. Criminals I could write you a book about OCWEN, they are the worst, total rip off artists. Right now however I am steaming because I just went to my mailbox. This is the crux, I just got divorced I got the house, my ex was paying the mortgage directly out of his account. He notified them 2 months in advance that, that would stop, to no longer take it out of his account that I would be sending the mortgage. I did exactly that, One month. so what do they do they also hit his checking account so he puts a stop payment on his account incase they do it again.
So the next month same thing I send payment and low and behold they hit his account AGAIN. he calls them because the account is now hit with a returned check charge. I just get a letter from them in the mail notifying me that WE are responsible for the return check charge. They are the biggest criminals on the face of this planet I cannot understand why they are still in business! Predatory Lender My two mortgages recently got purchased by Ocwen. I’ve only had them 4 months and I hate them already. They start calling on the 2nd of every month, 3-4 times a day on my cell phone to find out when I am going to pay my mortgage. It’s either someone from India or it’s a hang-up call. It’s ridiculous. I was doing the bi-weekly payment plan, but I stopped that because it was costing me a fortunate in fees and the payment wouldn’t get to Ocwen any earlier than if I mailed it myself. If you pay online, they charge $10. $10!!!!! What a rip off!!
My problem is that I’m stuck with them for 3 years or until someone else buys my mortgage because I have a 3 year pre-payment penalty. Arggghhhhh!
This company needs to be shut down. Period. They are at the top of the list for “Predatory Lender.

No comments: