Friday, December 7, 2007

Ocwen Charging late fees.

I currently have a mortgage loan Ocwen Bank only because it was sold to them. In the beginning they were very nice and helpful. However, as time went by the started tacking on late fees, when I was not late. Increased the payment from my original payment. And, they also try to pressure me into going through them for home owner insurance, and that amount is also included in the 'amount due' shown on my statement.I tried to get a lower interest rate. I was told that I would have to refinance and in order for them to do that I would have to include all of my outstanding debts and pay them off, which of course would increase my loan instead of just refinaning the amount owed on my house.When I call the automative system to make a payment by phone it will not allow any changes to the dollar amount. Therefore, if I am trying to make a payment because I did not get it in the mail on time, I have to pay the amount in the automative system (which includes the late fees) even though I am not late. That is extra money they are getting that is not owed to them.I am not happy, nor pleased with Ocwen Bank.

No comments: