Friday, December 7, 2007

Ocwen and Hud Homes
FYI to people who have HUD homes that are serviced by OCWEN. Please do some research on what avenues are provided by the federal government to protect your home from foreclosure.I believe that since 1998 the mortgage assignment program was eliminated and new federal regulations went into effect which establish the requirement that mortgagtees/servicers (in other words OCWEN) must provide forbearance prevention loan services to residential borrowers whose federally insured loans are in default. These include:Forbearance plansRefinancingPartial Claims ( HUD might pick up the tab for your deliquency at 0% interest on loans)Modifications to the mtg (extending the payment terms out past the original date on the mtg)Dealing with the government can be very confusing , but they do have plans for HUD homeowners. Hud no longer allows the mgt servicers to assign defaulted loans to HUD, but MUST offer loan mitigation services. I don't know if this applies to non HUD homes, but you can try.So if OCWEN is threatening you with forclosure, and you have a HUD home...don't take it lying down..fight back!!! You have the law on your side.

Submitted: 8/9/2002 6:03:07 AMModified: 10/7/2003 12:10:01 AM

jo bel air , Maryland
Too Late
Sadly, a little too late for many us us: Ocwen has already taken our HUD homes.

Submitted: 8/17/2002 1:49:18 PMModified: 10/7/2003 12:10:01 AM

Richard Orlando , Florida
No Respect!
I have recently resigned from Ocwen as of Friday Aug. 16th. I would have quit 3 months ago but I couldn't find anything else. Please read on!To give you some kind of idea how Ocwen treats people in general, let me tell you my story.I was demoted from a supervisor in April for telling a borrower that Ocwen services sub-prime loans, the truth. It is public knowledge that they do and I have a copy of a press release to prove it. It is also on their web site ocwen.com. I tried to rebute the managers decision but all Human Resources would say is after further review they were sticking with their decision.They also stated in the demotion that I was punishing the borrower from getting her Payoff Quote because of their policies. I simply told the borrower that because we handle so many sub-prime loans that we must do a lot of verifying of the collatoral documents, fees and other expenses such as legal fees. I told the borrower on several occassions in the taped conversation that it wasn't that she had a sub-prime loan but it was Ocwen's policy. All in all my demotion was a personal endeavor of certain managers to get me out of Ocwen. They demoted a fellow supervisor four days prior and he decided to walk. I on the other hand went back to being an agent and proved myself time and time again that they were wrong in their decision. The first month but on the floor I received a certificate for the highest quality average out of the whole department of about 110 agents. I was also ranked as the number 2 agent for that month. Again, I have the proof.I was looking for legal representation at that time but the attorney's office never returned my message so I dropped it. The stress was unbelieveable.If there is any help that you can give me I would greatly appreciate it. I have quite a bit of documentation of the unfair and hostile environment that Ocwen had towards me.Thank you for your time.

Submitted: 8/18/2002 4:31:57 AMModified: 10/7/2003 12:10:01 AM

Bruce Orlando , Florida
Forbearance Plans & ..Something you should always do when closing your loan.....read your closing documents.
If you are behind on payments, most of the time Ocwen will offer a forbearance plan and some do work. What I found from working there is that some plans were not set up correctly.When a borrower would send payments, they could still go into foreclosure. Maybe the payments weren't enough or the downpayment wasn't enough. Borrowers even found themselves with a stack of late fees and atty fees, not to mention the interest. If the borrower survived this ordeal and refinanced, the payoff statement was another diappointment. Here is where they find all the atty fees, late fees and interest piled up. This was sometimes compounded by the fact they had to wait up to 15 days to get the statement. Ocwen had to locate the closing documents to verify if there was a pre-payment penalty. Sometimes it would be in the vault, sometimes not. Sometimes we could get the docs from the prior servicer. Ocwen even had situations where a custodian (a place where the docs were stored for a servicer) did not know that some of the loans were sold.Ocwen does not refinance anymore (there is a God), but they can extend the life of the loan. Of course, by doing that, they can change the terms of the agreement or call the loan in for full payment. Sometimes this happens with simple interest loans where there is a lot of interest that has not been paid during the original term of the loan.Something you should always do when closing your loan.....read your closing documents. Don't let the closing agent tell you what's on the paper...read it. Especially, the mortgage and the note. The note will tell you about how you pay the loan back to the mortage company. The items in the note will be the same no matter what servicer you have. Even if you have had 5 servicers, it should stay the same. Please read them now!!! You might be surprised at what you find.

Submitted: 9/30/2002 3:45:38 PMModified: 10/7/2003 12:10:01 AM

Vanessa Orlando , Florida
Terminated with no cause
I started working for Ocwen Federal Bank in October of 2000 and became full time permanent employee by December 2000. I was having personal problems by the beginning of this year. By mid April I couldn't handle my situation anymore and I went to my doctor. I was told that I was suffering from depression and that I needed some time off from work because besides depression I was also under a lot of stress. I requested a leave of absence that will start by May 6th, 2002 for 6 weeks. My doctor filled out all the paper work and stated that I should be out of work from May 8th until June 21st. Like I stated before I submitted all the paperwork to Human Resources in West Palm Beach by the beginning of May. First of all let me go back a little. When I received the paperwork for the leave of absence I forwarded one page to my supervisor that needed to be signed by the Collections Department Manager.A few days later my supervisor comes to me and tell me that the Manager told her that he wasn't going to sign the paper and that I should resign and reapply. I assume that when she went to his office to take the paper that needed to be signed she told him something for him not to signed the paper (which is an acknowledge paper letting the manager know that a leave of absence was requested and the dates) is basically not asking for his permission. When my supervisor told me this I told her that he couldn't do that because I wasn't asking for his permission and that it was up to Human Resources to approve or deny my request and I left it at that. I called Human Resources in West Palm Beach and told the person I talked to about this situation and the manager's paper not being signed and that it wasn't going to be included with all the paperwork.She asked me who my supervisor was and the manager's name since he couldn't do that. I gave her all the information she asked for. May came and I went to work on May 7 and 8th. I then called again Human Resources because I didn't hear anything from them if the leave of absence was approved. I already had some appointments on that week for myself & my kids. I was told by Human Resources in West Palm Beach that it wasn't approved yet but that if I could go to work and leave early or if I needed to be absent to call in. I told them that I couldn't do that because that will jeopordize my position at Ocwen and being absent or leaving early will basically terminate my job. I then was told to go ahead and take the leave and that I needed to call in every morning to report myself until the leave of absence was approved. I called in on May 9 and the 10th. On the 10th I called West Palm Beach and again I was told that it wasn't approved yet (I don't know why it was taking this long when they had all the paperwork and the doctor's note). I was told on May 10th not to worry and that they were going to speak to my supervisor in regards to my leave. I asked if I needed to keep calling in but I was told no since they were going to talk to Ocwen here in Orlando.On May 13th I didn't call & I received a call from my supervisor telling me that I had 2 unexcuse absences & if I didn't show to work the following day I was going to be terminated. I explained to her that on Friday I talked to Human Resources in WPB and told her what I was told. She then turns around and tells me that she was told by the same person that I talked to that I needed to keep going to work until my leave was approved (Keep in mind that it was supposed to start on May 8th) because some paperwork needed to be approved by their attorney????? I told her in return that I will talk again with Human Resources and she caught me off (didn't like what I said) and hung up the phone. I then call the WPB office and was told by the same person that she didn't say anything about me going to work until the leave was approved and that she was going to call my supervisor. Bottom line is that on June 7th I received a letter stating that my leave was approved and that I needed to report to work on June 13th. I reported my self to work on June 13th without a doctor's note because my appointment was for June 21st. I told my supervisor this and the in return told me that it was fine to go to my appointment on the 21st and to bring my doctor's note since I couldn't work without it. I went to the doctor's on the 21st and got my note, when I got home I received a letter from Ocwen stating that I was terminated as of June 13th because of failure to report to work. I then called WPB office and spoke to Human Resources and explained what happened on June 13th & I was told to wait until Monday (Not to show up to work) until they were able to talk to the people here in Orlando. I waited on Monday and finally at around 2:15pm I received a call from Human Resources in WPB that they were going to stick to the letter and to what the people in Orlando said. I am a single mother with 3 kids and my supervisor knew this but because I wasn't one of her favorites she lied stating that I didn't showed up to work when I did and I also have witnesses. This is telling you what kind of company is this that doesn't even follows the LAW!!!!!!!!!.

Submitted: 10/7/2002 1:27:38 PMModified: 10/7/2003 12:10:01 AM

Val & Lyla Helena , Montana
we were notified that they had sold our loan and they did not want us to send any money
We refinanced our home with Ocwen Federal in Flordia. Before we paid our first morgage payment we were notified that they had sold our loan and they did not want us to send any money to them. They told us to wait until we received a letter from the new lender, they also told us that we had 60 days before our first payment would be made. Meanwhile we received a letter from the new lender who told us to wait 15 days from the date of the letter to contact them to find out where to send our payment. We did that, and when I finally reached them, after many calls and being on hold for indefinite periods, they told me that my first payment would be due in 10 days. I made that payment thinking it was my first payment. Subsequently, within a month I received a 'Demand Letter' telling me that I was two months behind on my payments and that they needed so much money, due in a month, or we could loose our home. By that time I had already sent my second payment, which I told the person on the phone. Before they deposited that payment, which took two weeks, I received another 'Demand Letter' with a date due of a month later than the first letter I had received. When I told them what Ocwen had told me about my first payment being due in 60 days they told me that the person at Ocwen had given me incorrect information. So, now I am waiting to see what my next payment and to them does to my account. The other problem I have is that nobody can tell me if they are putting money in escrow for my taxes and insurance. The papers we signed say they should be but they tell me that there is a very small amount going into escrow, the amount being enough to cover the insurance only. How do I solve this problem? Please respond with any guidance you can give me, my time is running out. By the way, they also reported to the credit bureau that I was two months behind before I even got the 'Demand Letter'. I know that because I attempted to refinance when they started giving me the run around and would not respond to my messages. Therefore, I was turned down on that refinance attempt.

Submitted: 10/8/2002 11:45:14 AMModified: 10/7/2003 12:10:01 AM

marlene Miami , Florida
That's criminal Ocwen
All you say sounds very familiar to me. The Bank of Hell is very predictable.1. Never believe anything they tell you over the phone when they want to be 'helpful'. They are trained to lie and confuse you. They don't want to help you. THEY WANT YOUR HOUSE and YOUR MISERY.2. Do not send them regular payments using regular mail. (They do not acknowledge it, is 'mail fraud') Certified or Express mail will be posted later to make you look bad, if you are lucky and they post your payments. Use your bank 'on line' service (pay your bank fee if needed, for your peace of mind)Ask your bank to send you copies of your promt payments to them, make copies of those payments and send them, religiously, to your Attorney General and other agencies you may respect. 3. Contact your local authorities dealing with taxes and or insurance. Write a letter to them (use Certified mail so you can keep a proof) and explain you are dealing with a predatory and abusive institution (Freedom of Speech and Abundant Proof). Ask them to let you know how are you standing in the payment of your taxes and/or Insurance. Get ready to make the payments yourself in case Ocwen does not do it. They miscalculate escrow accounts on purpose so they may pay the difference if they decide to pay your taxes. By doing this they will raise your monthly payments to compensate, expecting you not to be able to keep up with the higher payments. Or they might decide not to pay any taxes at all so they can take your house by surprise later on. So, best thing to do regarding this, go to your local authorities directly because Ocwen is not out there to protect the consumer, just the opposite. They want to hurt you big time.3. Contact the IRS and tell them you are paying interest on your loan. Ocwen say they report to the IRS....But are you going to believe in these criminals?4. Contact the 4 credit bureaus: Equifax, Experian, TransUnion and Innovis. Write to them (use certified mail again) and send them proof of Ocwen's wrongdoing. You will have to wait 30 days and chances are Ocwen will not fix it (they got to be true to themselves). Then, write a Consumer's Statement for all bureaus making clear Ocwen refuses to correct their wrong reporting. I DID THAT. They want to destroy your credit so you declare bankrupcy, and you know the rest...So, keep the rest of your payments okay and on time (eat lettuce or rice only or get a second or third job if you need to). Their bad reporting about you got to be the only one bad in your entire credit reports.File a complain with the FTC because they are violating your rights under the FCRA, send a copy to your local people, and to Washington. 5. Write to them and make copies of your letters for other decent institutions. Yo need witnesses!6. Finally, it is perfectly SANE to feel and behave as a PARANOID with this company. Their crimes are real and the pain they can give you is also very real.Good Luck.

Submitted: 10/12/2002 3:19:23 PMModified: 10/7/2003 12:10:01 AM

carmen orlando , Florida
Ocwen Bank, working with the enemy, unprofessional, illegal activity, no regard for employees rip-off to their customers.
I became employed by ocwen on march 2001, and previously had experience in the banking industry I had never seen such an unprofessional management at Ocwen, since I first started working there I found that they are all about promises but never follow through, let me tell you my super experience with a supervisor from hell, I was constantly harassed by this supervisor in collection dept 30 plus you should know who she is they call her Lucifer that's how good she is and still is, this person had several complaints from employees, customers and other team leaders about her attitude and treatment to other people but upon until now she still works there and nobody has done anything about her she is very vicious person and like to create stories to hurt people, I am a single mom too and I was in her team too, and from the first time she saw me started giving a lot problems she never sat down to help me, or give me any advices about my work,I let her know from the beginning that I didn't have nobody to take care of my kids when they were sick because their father didn't want to help, also she knew I had a lot of court days because of me ex-husband for mediation, she knew what I was going through her words were we will work on it as the time goes by don't worry about it I will help you, but she never kept her word, on march 2002 she called me at the office with another supervisor telling me that she is giving me a warning because I was talking unexcused days too much, every time I request days off she will give and then end up back fired on me, every time I will bring doctors excused and also will work extra hours to make up time she will say that's fine, in spite of everything she didn't care and gave it to me, I know that she had favoritism with other people that came late every day and were never at their desk but she didn't do anything because we know she always went out with them to drink or dance, this very disgusting and very unprofessional, In may of 2002 a friend of mine told me that to watch out because she heard her supervisor talking with this person that to please fired me after being moved to her team, she was convincing her to fired me because of abscesses, but I concluded that she is retailing against me because in may of 2002 she called the manager of our collection dept 30 plus and her she didn't tell him what it was about, my manager ask me what happen I explain him everything about my situation with schedules, my children and the reason why, I previously went to him because she didn't want to moved a day to work for one hour for my kinder garden meeting teacher day and he knew what she was doing to me her excused was that she didn't want to lose her bonus this month, (talking about caring) she was very upset in may because everything backfired on her boss told me that was going to change my schedule, from 8:30 to 5:30 so I can go pick up my children, and no working weekends because of daycare also on Fridays work until 3:00pm I agree because I was very sad with the situation because she never took the time to help me instead was trying to get me fired.He said that I was a good worker and he knew I had a good attitude towards my work, even though I was going through a lot, he said I am going to help you Carmen don't worry, and I worked for a month and a half with no problems and was always on time, but in June 10, 2002 my new supervisor influence by her called me to human resources to fired me because I used too many unexpected sick days, I didn't say anything because I was waiting for this since she was mad that her boss let her down by helping me, but that's not all after 3 months taking unemployment benefits now they are saying that I had a problem with misconduct which I don't understand they said that because of taking unexpected unplanned pto days but how sarcastic is this my last check that I received dated 6/21/02 had overtime paid 14.25 hrs and (PTO PAID 9.50 HRS) hello how stupid this people are didn't she said that I didn't have no more unplanned pto this people are a bunch of liars, the only person that is decent there is my ex-manager the only person that really care about my situation and I am very thankful for what he did for me and my children, now I am still unemployed trying to find a job but unfortunately companies are laying off instead of hiring them, now Ocwen wants to cancel my benefits because they can't pay all the employees that Ocwen keeps firing them, what really happens is that this company is moving to India by December and they want to save money, also they have so many law suits from customers because of there treatment and rip off practices they have over 1.5 billion in recovery, and that's why they want to save money by lying to the unemployment office and putting complaints about employees that work for them and want to get away with it because we are in Florida, no way José we have rights and any employee whose not working there or have had any situation similar or situation with Ocwen please contact me for a complaint with EEOC, and have them investigate and hopefully make them pay for pain and suffering that they have cause to our families.... thank you for your time, but I am very frustrated I know how the customers fell about Ocwen now and is true because I experience it on my own, (imagine you think that if they don't care about customers you think they care about employees, not really ))))

Submitted: 1/6/2003 2:21:03 AMModified: 10/7/2003 12:10:01 AM

,
Breaking News Update:
'Plaintiffs in the Hanson v. Ocwen case file papers to disqualify the judge, because (according to the papers publicaly filed in the federal court clerk's office) it turns out that the judge used to work for the law firm representing Moss Codilis, which constitutes 16 of the 20 defendants in the class action lawsuit.' No indication when the Judge will consider the motion, or if he will feel obligated to pass the motion on to another judge to decide. It will slow our case down briefly, but thereafter, whether the judge is forced to step aside or continues handling the case, the case will move forward quickly, as we have meticulously shown why there is no justification for the case to sit still as long as it has.

Submitted: 2/1/2003 8:14:45 AMModified: 10/7/2003 12:10:01 AM

Ocwen EmployeeOrlando, FloridaU.S.A.
Leader of the Pack has no Credibility
As an employee of Ocwen Federal Bank, FSB, I along with all of the other employees try my very best day in and day out. After reviewing the comments included within this report, I feel that the leader of this pack has absolutely no reason to file a civil action. When someone signs a mortgage note, they agree to pay back the funds that have been borrowed in a timely manner. This has not been the case with this individual. And like any company, when you are late you will receive phone calls and letter correspondence from the lender. I do have to say that I don't agree with everything Ocwen does, but I am an employee that goes to work to make a substantial difference. I am a little disturbed that some lawyer that likes to send rubber checks tries to tarnish my company and it's reputation. Word of advise Mr. Hanson - if you don't want to pay your bills that you are under obligation to do so, then don't cry about it. I really hope that my company decides to counter-sue you for wasting a lot of people's time and energy. Save our time for people with legitimate issues, and I will be the first to admit there are a lot out there. Now that I have seen this report, I will follow-up with the connections that I have within the media to see what kind of credibility that Mr. Hanson truly has. I think that a new report should be entered - Crooked Lawyers that like to rally individuals up and won't have any follow-through.I really feel sorry for your supporters, because some of them have legitimate issues and you are wasting their time here.

Submitted: 2/1/2003 6:07:34 PMModified: 10/7/2003 12:10:01 AM

Kweku HansonHartford, ConnecticutU.S.A.
To the Ocwen employee above
You tried to post garbage about me to the RipOffReport website, huh? Bounced Checks from the Leader of the Pack? Thanks for the compliment of identifying me as Ocwen's Public Enemy Number One. All my original checks paid to Ocwen are in a vault in some bank closer to your headquarters than you probably imagined. Plus, my regular bank has electronic copies. Plus, my lawyers have hard copies. Try something more dirty, like spread a rumour that I am actually a sleeper-cell member of Al Qaeda or related to Saddam Hussein or something like that. But don't try something infantile like trying to sway the hundreds of irate victims of Ocwen. Guess what, whithout even knowing me, they sent me all their financial details and PROOF of THEIR canceled checks, Western Union Quick Collects, etc., to show how Ocwen was stealing their monies. They are waiting to come up to Hartford to testify against Ocwen. So no matter what rumours you plant on the web or in one-to-one phone calls about me, they know better. They have been raped by YOU GUYS, not me. They could care less if I never paid one cent of my mortgage. Get it? All they care about is that someone is trying to topple the theives at Ocwen!Congrats! Ocwen knows darn well that my lawyers have the goods on it, and that WE SHALL WIN THE FIGHT BOTH IN THE CIVIL COURTS AND THE CRIMINAL COURTS AGAINST OCWEN. The FBI is hot on your tail; several Attorneys General are peeking over your walls. MANY of your employees have already squealed (and you know this) and we have ALREADY DISTRIBUTED THE PROOF OF YOUR CROOKEDNESS TO THE FBI and Connecticut State Police.So keep plotting my ruin (but make sure you don't suffer the fate of Fastow and other white collar crooks while you are about it). Enjoy your dream digs while you can . . . . Judgement Day is coming for you.And it does NOT help you to buy employee silence by threatening them with lawsuits if their names come up in our lawsuits. We will simply depose 50 employees in random order and keep you guessing which 25 of them are moles or informants. Or, we may even reveal the moles to you in the next two weeks. As my lead lawyer said to you in court: Ocwen will turn as red as a boiled lobster when it discovers how much DIRT its loyal, HIGH-RANKING employees sent to us.You know I have NEVER EXAGGERATED to date in this lawsuit. I say what I mean and mean what I say. If I say there are moles alive and well, I mean exactly that. If I say they are high-ranking, i mean exactly that. If I say the FBI has ALL the info shared by the moles, I mean exactly that. If I say Lief Cabraser is going to sue you in an even bigger national class action shortly, I mean exactly that. You can buy or kill-off or scare away some of the people some of the time, but you cannot buy or kill-off or scare away ALL of the victims and law enforcement personnel ALL of the time. and that's the good thing about GOD, the one who frustrates Osama bin Laden's plans; the one who decides when even astronauts will live and die, and the one who decides when fat cats will have to be retired to a federal penitentiary.leagltek@mindspring.com

Submitted: 2/2/2003 12:02:13 AMModified: 10/7/2003 12:10:01 AM

JonSan Diego, CaliforniaU.S.A.
It's All About Credibility!
To the Ocwen employee that posted dribble above! Are you really so obtuse that you actually think we would give your words second's thought! Believe me... if I were in your shoes, I wouldn't have signed my name to that post as well! Or could it be that you just don't know how spell it!

Submitted: 2/2/2003 2:12:55 AMModified: 10/7/2003 12:10:01 AM

DavidWestbury, New YorkU.S.A.
To The Spineless Ocwen Employee...
Pretty bold of you to hide behind a generic name like 'Ocwen employee' and libel someone by claiming they write bad checks. I can only guess that you didn't give your name out because (1) you are a coward like any other low-level racketeering criminal and (2) Ocwen doesn't pay you enough to afford an attorney should you get sued for libel by Mr. Hanson. If you had any backbone at all and truly wanted to help people and these customers, you would stop whoring yourself by thieving for this pseudo company -- and thus stop helping the Erbey Brothers get more money to throw more cocktail parties to buy off more whoring politicians -- turn all the evidence of wrongdoing over to the proper authorities, and a certain attorney you just libeled on here, and get yourself honest work. Otherwise you're just another mealy-mouthed, babbling idiot that's only aiding and abetting these con artists in screwing over your fellow Americans and adding to the sorry shape this country is already in.

Submitted: 2/2/2003 8:07:54 AMModified: 10/7/2003 12:10:01 AM

KwekuHartford, ConnecticutU.S.A.
Ocwen Federal Judge Sets Feb. 4th Court Hearing
The federal judge hearing the putative nationwide class action lawsuit against Ocwen last week set February 4th (Tuesday) for an in-court hearing on my motion to for that judge to disqualify himself, based on the fact that he used to work for the same law firm representing the sixteen Moss Codilis defendants in the Ocwen lawsuit, and this information was not disclosed to the Plaintiffs by either the Judge or Moss Codilis lawyers.While it is unusual for a judge to call a hearing on a motion for recusal (judges, in my thirteen years experience as a federal court litigator-attorney, and based on my lawyer's reserach, typically decide the motion on the papers), my lawyer and I are going to be in court in Hartford, Connecticut on February 4th to see what the Court decides to do on this issue.All I know is that if the tabels were turned, Ocwen and Moss Codilis would never permit anyone who worked for my law office or my lawyer's law office in the past to sit on the jury or in any shape decide this case.To all who have been praying for me and/or been otherwise supportive as I come under personal attack by the klpetomaniacs at Ocwen, thank you. I take it as a sign of desparation within Ocwen circles that despite all their muscle and despite having stolen our monies, they have still not been able to knock out our lawsuit. And I assure all of you, we turned over criminal evidence to the FBI in October last year. We got that evidence from persons working at Ocwen's Orlando Facility, some of whom still work there, despite aggressive efforts by Ocwen to find and fire them. Sign up for WebPacer at http://pacer.psc.uscourts.gov/ and keep track of how this lawsuit is going on a daily basis.Thank you again, Kweku Hanson

Submitted: 2/2/2003 11:57:03 AMModified: 10/7/2003 12:10:01 AM

MercedesMiami Lakes, FloridaU.S.A.
Ocwen Employee or the Thief Supporter? ..Shame on you!
For your information, Ocwen's 'employee', Mr. Hanson does not have any supporters as you say. It's just the opposite: He is supporting us. He is our Supporter, your company is our Enemy. And you defend what is undefendible...Shame on you! If you ever consider a counter-sue don't forget to include my name in it (I'll ask Mr. Hanson and others to provide all my information). I, and too many others, will be on Mr. Hanson's side. His side represents: HONOR, COURAGE, and AMERICAN DIGNITY. Your side is the side of CRIME and SHAME.By the way, I understand your preocupation about Ocwen's reputation; but that is an exercise in futility. You can not repair it.Ocwen's reputation is already DUST. Ocwen's reputation...Ha,ja,Ha,ja! Good joke.

Submitted: 2/5/2003 3:59:28 AMModified: 10/7/2003 12:10:01 AM

ElizabethMcHenry,, IllinoisU.S.A.
Run To The Media And See WHO Gets Exposed
Since you are so brave to threaten to run to the connections claim you have within the media, but not sign your even your first name as other Ocron employees have, PLEASE do all of us VICTIMS (not supporters) a favor and go to the them and let's get this on the airwaves. Let's see WHO is exposed and for what. You may not get what you wished for.You talk credibility, here's some I'd like to see. How about an actual contract with OcRon stating that they hold the mortgage on my home? That's right. They BOUGHT my mortgage from HUD in March, 1996. To this day, I have not received any papers proving there was a legal transfer of the mortgage. Could that be why when OcRon forced me in Chapter 13 to keep from foreclosure, they fought it for 14 months? The whole time they fought it, they were gladly still accepting my monthly payments. Yet I don't even know for a fact that they DO hold my mortgage. Another one of your fellow CREDIBLE OcRon employees stated above that you should read our closing statements carefully. Well, I did when I bought the house originally. But that became null and void when HUD took over assignment in 1994. It took them 6 months to accept it, already putting me in arrears. When HUD sold my mortgage, I was given Ocron's name and phone number. That was it. Not a word from OcRon. I had to contact them so my first payment wasn't late. I think almost 6 years is FAR past the 60 days the law allows for them to contact me with notification and the papers to sign. All I've ever signed are forbearance agreements EVERY SIX MONTHS.Then lets talk about how credible it is to charge $90 in legal fees for a 'late payment notification' that was NOT from Moss, Codilis, but on OcRon stationery, signed from their 'Performing Loan Department' and signed by NO ONE. I could wallpaper a room with them from payments that were 'lost in the mail' or posted weeks after they were sent. It seems funny that any payments I DON'T send certified, return receipt requested manage to get lost.This is really credible. For 5 years, OcRon sent me 'substitute' 1098s to show the amount of interest and property taxes paid. But on their very own web site, it shows that they understated the interest to the IRS the first year and never reported the amount for the next 4. Last year I received a REAL 1098 only because I reported the correct amount of interest paid in 2000. Can you say 'tax evasion'? The amount of interest they show paid on that fabulous site shows they paid more in interest to the IRS than they claim I paid. How odd. Good thing they put a disclaimer that they don't guarantee the information on the sight and that it's open for personal interpretation. Then why have it if the information is unreliable? I could right a book about OcRon's non-credibility. But the last one is OcRon breaking not only Federal Banking Laws, but their own SOPs when there is a hazard claim. By law and their SOPs, the house was to be inspected before the work began, when the work was 60% complete, and when the house was finished. They gave $30,000 of insurance money sent to them, signed by myself and a contractor that has the same moral fiber as your bosses, without ever ONCE having my home inspected. They have reports from the inspectors that OcRon contracts with that they never had access to the house and couldn't see in windows that had newspapers covering them. They used the falsified form from the contractor used as proof the work was done and I was satisfied. Funny, I don't remember ever being notified of one single inspection date. After the last $10,000 was sent to the contractor, that was the last I saw of the contractor and the money that was to pay the sub-contractors. I called OcRon, and they gave me different stories from it being my fault, to it was such a small amount to hold ($10,000 is small?), to he harassed us so bad we sent it to him to leave use alone. He disappeared and we later were served papers that he filed for bankruptcy.Well, how about your supposed media friends meet with a real investigative reporter for one of the 3 major networks that I know here and see who comes up with the 'credible' information. With the many people I've seen on here from my neck of the woods, he'd get plenty. Can you say the same?Hope you have a resume handy. By the way OcRon's stocks look and all the lawsuits against them, you'll probably be out of work soon.

Submitted: 3/21/2003 1:35:59 PMModified: 10/7/2003 12:10:01 AM

MalinaSt. Marys, OhioU.S.A.
No info received from Ocwen when they bought our loan from Rebublic Bank
I realize that in the past I have not paid attention to personal finance like I should have. When Republic Bank sold our loan to Ocwen several years ago, we never got a letter from Ocwen stating that they were now servicing my loan, all we received was a statement! Should we have received a new contract from them? I can look at this situation now and see that the payoff amount on this loan really isn't declining as rapidly as I thought. Can they have changed terms and not notified us? I do know that when I have called them with questions (except for one time when I got someone who was actually pleasant knowledgable and helpful), no one seems able to help me or I have to call a different phone number altogether. Why give me a number I can't use? It does also seem odd that it takes so long for a check to arrive (10 days???!!?) before it gets posted to my account. I will be going back through all of my records now and checking everything to see that we weren't charged fees that we should not have been. Thankfully, we are almost finished with Ocwen, but maybe my information will be of help to someone else down the line.

Submitted: 3/23/2003 9:34:01 PMModified: 10/7/2003 12:10:01 AM

Kweku HansonHartford, ConnecticutU.S.A.
OCWEN FELLOW VICTIMS, HOLD OUT HOPE YET! ..FBI is on Ocwen's tail.
I am the lead plaintiff in the $1.5 BILLION class action lawsuit against Ocwen and Moss Codilis mentioned here.I am breaking my silence to leave some words of encouragement. Fellow Ocwen victims, please take heart. All your countless Affidavits and records showing that you indeed have been ripped-off have not just gathered dust on my lawyers' shelves.We have had delays not off our doing in this lawsuit during the past eight months. We are now confronted with a discovery schedule that does not give us enough time to depose all of Ocwen's folk we are prepared to question under oath.However, the numerous Affidavits many of you have sent in, and the FAITH many of you have kept even as Ocwen was breaking down your doors and taking or trying to take your homes and health, and even us Ocwen was bombarding me with computer viruses, trojan and stealth programs and other garbage, is going to bear fruition.It is time for us to counterattack. My lawyers are polishing their JDAM missiles to strike back (if you will excuse the war analogy). Very soon, we will sock it to these folk, who daily monitor this website with apprehension in their hearts. I have stated here many times that the FBI is on Ocwen's tail. Believe it guys, even if you see nothing yet. I have stated that my lawyers have compiled enough proof so that no matter who tries, we will get it before a federal jury sooner or later, and in a class action lawsuit.2003 is going to be the year of victory for Ocwen's victims. You read it here first!leagltek@mindspring.comPS: THANK YOU Rip-off Report for all your help.

Submitted: 4/13/2003 4:58:56 PMModified: 10/7/2003 12:10:01 AM

JillianOrlando, FloridaU.S.A.
What's really going on... Ocwen management does not give the employees the means and facilities to accurately assist borrowers in the manner in which we should.
Alright everyone, here are some tips on what really goes on at Ocwen. I have worked there several years (I still do), and I have worked in several different departments. Ocwen management does not give the employees the means and facilities to accurately assist borrowers in the manner in which we should. For example those who work in the customer relations department only have a limited amount of time to assist the borrowers on the phone, then they are repremanded if they go beyond that timeframe. Employees are treated with disrespect and disregard in just about every aspect of our jobs. To Ocwen management we are mearly automatons to make monthly numbers high so mangement can receive a large yearly bonus. The accuracy of the task does not matter, numbers only. Unless, of course, a problem is elevated to a government agency. Only then does management care how accurate the work is. And, in order to save money (no employee below management level knows why) Ocwen has moved many of the job functions to India. Upper management wanted cheap labor, and that is exactly what they got. It is rumored that these people make about $1.00 or $2.00 an hour, compared to Ocwen's American Employees, at anywhere from $9.00 upward. If you call the customer relations department and speak to someone with an accent so heavy that you can't understand what they are saying, you have reached India. And, it has come to our (employees below management levels)attention, that last year, when reporting to their investors, Ocwen management lied about the 'India Project', saying that only about 20% of customer service functions were sent to India. It's more like 80%. I apologize to all of you who have had to deal with Ocwen. There are those of us who strive to do things the 'right way'. But, at Ocwen, Numbers is the name of the game, not accuracy. So, keep up the good work in trying to make them accountable. Maybe one day soon, all of us will get to work one morning and the doors will be chained shut. Good Luck!!

Submitted: 4/26/2003 7:50:23 PMModified: 10/7/2003 12:10:01 AM

TriciaAltamonte Springs, FloridaU.S.A.
Ocwen told me when I worked there...
that it is in their best interest to get the house from the account holder. They will be able to make more money selling it than to work with the people currently in the house. Apparently, they make side arrangements/ kickbacks with realtors.After reading all of these stories, I believe that has to be on their unpublished mission statement because all of their efforts seem to be concentrated on getting consumers out of the house.Maybe there is a gargantuan cover-up going on. I don't know for sure, but what I do know is that I'd rather be homeless then have to owe Ocwen a dime. They are beyond shady, they are heartless.

Submitted: 4/28/2003 8:03:00 PMModified: 10/7/2003 12:10:01 AM

CharlesNorth Haledon, New JerseyU.S.A.
We will not give up so easily!
We are behind you (Kweku), 100%! As far as dealing with Ocwen or being homeless, we will keep fighting. You can't just give up and decide to be homeless. I don't know about you but I have a family to think of and we won't give up that easily. We will overcome this atrocity named Ocwen. Our faith remains strong and our prayers are with Kweku and all who have suffered as we have because of the criminal acts of evil Ocwen. We will overcome! We will defeat Ocwen! We believe in you Kweku! Thank-you

Submitted: 5/2/2003 3:13:11 PMModified: 10/7/2003 12:10:01 AM

ShawnOrange, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Tried to help many borrowers .. Ocwen working to shaft the borrowers
I am a private investor who has tried to help at least half a dozen OCWEN customers try to 'cure' their loans and not lose their homes. The Moss, Codillis 'loan resolution' specialists won't even return my calls. The only solution they offer these people is foresclosure or a short sale working with a Realtor. I have to believe that they are working to shaft the borrowers. Good luck with the lawsuit.

Submitted: 12/12/2003 12:22:16 PMModified: 12/12/2003 11:34:14 PM

MichaelModesto, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Wondering where to locate an attorney in California against Ocwen
I am a loan officer and time after time, I run into people how have Ocwen as there mortgage carrier. They come to me begging me to help them get away from this horrible company. More than a few occations, I come accross an individual with a credit reporting and payment posting problem. I have a current customer that I am working to refinance and he is under the same situation. He has made most if not all his payments on time and regardless how early he sends in his payment, Ocwen reports it late, now they've put him into forecloser. I've done some research and it seems nationwide that Ocwen and their customers are having this problem of misapplying payments and reporting foreclosures premature without the facts straight. I'm sick of this companies servicing and companies alike. We used to sell our loans to Ocwen to be serviced, but after complaint after complaint and non compliance, we withdrew our contract with Ocwen and we no longer sell our loans to Ocwen to service our loans. This company should not be in business. The line needs to be drawn. My question is, where can I locate an attorney here in California, so I can refer clients to? Ocwen is obviously a preditory lender and they need to either change or go bankrupt. This all needs to stop. The Federal goverment needs to yank their licensing and they need to reimburse everyone that they have ripped off. To help my customer, I have referred him to a debt attorney in fact. They are a credit repair agency, but that to me isn't enough. Ocwen owes him some money for unjust late fees and suffering. He can't get credit at any institution without an outrageous interest rate. Why should he or anyone suffer for Ocwen's mistakes? If anyone can offer me any information on a attorney that already has an ongoing case, that will be very helpful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Les Misables

Do not count of HUD to help with OCWEN. I have contacted them concerning violations and they ignore you. If HUD sold your home to OCWEN and you had paid MPI insurance HUD cancelled the MPI, and the people that answer calls seem to beleive that means the Bank, or Servicer they transferred the note to does not have to follow HUD REGS

HUD is the reason many individuals are in this situation. I did not have a Amitorized loan but OCWEN from the moment HUD sold the note OCWEN always was adding something on.