Sunday, December 9, 2007

Ocwen A Total Scam

I wondered why SusanYi was being so friendly and chatty. In a whole hour long conversation (which with other lenders takes about 10 minutes) she hemmed and hawed and tried to push their own "power buyer" agents, LYING to me telling me they have some secret access to listings I couldn't possibly have (an MLS listing is on virtually EVERY realtors listings website, there are no "secret" listings) and tried to push the interest only thing which I don't want for higher interest rate and a bunch of other garbage.
I'm no newbie, I've owned houses before so I immediately screeched to a halt when she, after an hour of chit chat mixed with lots of hard sell and very little info tried to bully me into giving her my credit card or bank account number so they could take a "deposit" of unspecified amount, for unspecified services to get a preapproval only (not even a real prequalification). NO ONE (no REPUTABLE lender) will EVER ask you for good faith money, EVER EVER EVER. Don't fall for it! Most really good ones won't even ask you for the $25 credit application fee until after they've done all the preliminary work and are ready to actually offer you something, and if they do, write them a check, do NOT give them your credit card or debit card information. This is a SCAM!

No comments: