Saturday, December 15, 2007

Ocwen I can't even give them a 1 out 5

I’ve had a loan with Ocwen for 2 years, when I first received the loan they bombarded me with calls 3 – 4 a day with offers and pestering me as to when I would be paying my loan payment that wasn’t due for 30 days. The person who would contact me spoke horrible English. Now I’m not against people with accents and or working with US citizens but I feel they should have a grasp of the English language to the point I feel they understand me and that I don’t have to repeat myself over and over and over. I asked to be put on a “do not solicited” list and that ended the calls. I never received statements, never received any notices and the tax information I need for my taxes. I paid online using their own payment system that gave me the amount to be paid which I did. On the 25th payment which is when the fixed ended my payment was not processed claiming I had entered the wrong information so the following month I sent 2 checks one for the previous month and the current in 2 envelopes sending both with certified mail and return receipts. They cashed one and held the other, and then I sent my March payment which they held. One day in March I get a letter that my home is in foreclosure and they want to buy the house. I called the number in the letter and chewed the man a new #@$ - hole, accusing him of attempting to scam me and that I would be contacting the proper authorities and the news agencies. He responded with all my information and Ocwen’s phone number and stated “before you call the authorities and the news, call Ocwen and you’ll find out the truth yourself”. I did and found myself 20,000.00 in the rears, they have been holding my payments due to not paying the correct amount, they admit to getting all my mail back and if I just pay 20,000.00 they will fix my credit and my loan would be current. They offer me a “deal” pay them 8,000.00 upfront, sign agreements not to sue them and not to go into bankruptcy and pay them $4,100.00 a month for 18 months and all would be good. I asked them why when my mail was being returned someone didn’t call me and I was told I was on a do not call list and if they called me I could sue them. I have caught them in so many lies that it is not even funny. They contradict themselves with every phone call. I email them with my concerns and explain the whole situation and the response doesn’t even address my questions. They call me back so that there is no paper trail of what they are saying and 4 months later and I still don’t know my payment. Now the guy tells me his customer service person gave me the wrong information and must go through strict Ocwen retraining. He now claims none of my mail was returned, he claims they have held no payments and the envelopes they received were empty. This past Saturday April 7th, I received one of the checks they were holding back and on the check my correct address was put into the memo by someone at Ocwen processing when I ask him as to why I haven’t received any new mail at the corrected address he claims they just got the corrected address a couple of weeks ago and they do not have to send me anything. When I ask that if that were true why did the check that was returned have the correct address on it and it was dated 2 months prior, he states that I wrote it in the memo section or had someone write it in. I can’t find the words to express my feelings on this. It amazes me that they are allowed to do business in this country. They are fleecing the people with loans with them and I can't believe they can wake up every morning and do this with no remorse. Crazy thing is they have the ability to make it right with hundreds of people, they have the opportunity to be a great company and they choose otherwise.
Even Ocwen's phone and information system is a joke. I called and it tells me my last payment of $2634.95 was received on March 5th 2007 and my NEXT payment of $1,2040.26 is due DECEMBER 1, 2006, 2006? They are a year behind!!!! and I didn't even owe that!!!
Then it tells me my hold time is 87,000 minutes.

No comments: